Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphatic Drainage Massage is a gentle whole body treatment that relaxes the nervous system, stimulates the evacuation process and aids the body’s immune system to function effectively. The healthy functioning of the Lymphatic System can be hindered, or even stopped, due to factors such as stress, chemical overload, age, lack of activity or food additives.
It plays a vitally important role in health maintenance and is our front line of defense in fighting infections. Our Lymph glands are located throughout the body but mainly in the neck, armpits and groin and are connected by a broad network of vessels. The vessels are activated by muscular movement and transport metabolic wastes, excess water, bacteria and toxins, via the lymph fluid and out of the body.
What can Lymphatic Drainage address?
- General improvement to your immune system and recovery rate
- Improved energy levels
- Release of excess fluids
- Relief from swollen lymph nodes
- Cleanses the liver, kidneys, lungs and bowel
- Relief from headaches and muscle pain
- Reduction in the symptoms of bloating, PMS and period pains
- Reduction of puffy eyes, fingers, ankles and feet
- Highly recommended for those leading a sedentary lifestyle
What will I experience in the session?
You will receive a full body treatment using gentle, specific and non invasive techniques which naturally stimulate the functioning of the lymphatic system. It is an effective method for preventive health maintenance and promoting a feeling of relaxation within the body.
Following the session the therapist will give information and suggestions on how to maintain the beneficial effects gained from the treatment.
How many sessions will I need?
There are many situations when Lymphatic Drainage Massage can be used.
- An ideal pre- or post-operative therapy ensuring an effective healing process
- In cases of infection, a series of regular treatments can accelerate the healing process.
- A treatment every 6-8 weeks as part of a balanced health maintenance programme.
Duration: 75 minutes
Practitioner: David Offer