Osteopathy provides an holistic approach to health and stresses the importance of the musculoskeletal system in a person’s health and well-being. focuses on the neuro-musculoskeletal system; the bones, muscles, nerves and other tissues that support our body and control its movements. It also supports the body’s self-healing capabilities.
People usually would visit an Osteopath when they experience long term (chronic) and short term (acute) problems such as:
What can Osteopathy address?
- Neck and back pain
- Sprains and strains
- Tendon problems
- Leg pain
- Headaches and migraine
- Sport injury
- Arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Postural and balance issues
- Repetitive strain injury
- Pregnancy related problems
What will I experience in a session?
Dr Alan Liu is trained to assess and rectify problems that arise from non- or impaired function of any of the body systems. He is an expert in physical and energy functions of the body and therefore, provides a truly healing experience.
Dr Alan will use various methods to make an assessment on how to work with your body to realign and balance it. This is designed to relieve stress on the structure and ultimately alleviate pain.
These methods may include:
- a check on the musculoskeletal and nervous system by using applied Kinesiology. This means that the body itself is giving the information on what it needs.
- using a range of manual adjustment techniques designed to give relief from musculoskeletal pain, discomfort and may help tissues in the body.
- tailored program of activities and movement to use at home, work or in other settings to meet personal goals which can be beneficial particularly after an injury or surgery.
- blood sugar disregulation and inflammation
- lifestyle, stress management, diet or other factors that may influence pain, injury or movement.
- nutritional advice and homeopathic remedies to support any body changes and dietary adjustments
Duration: 1 hour
Practitioner: Dr Alan Liu