It’s a Beautiful World
We see the world through two very precious organs – our eyes – and to keep our eyes healthy we need Vitamin A. Apricots are rich in minerals and a great source of Vitamin A and they are one of the most healing fruits you can eat.
Apricots are –
- a great source for organic iron, copper and cobalt making them very beneficial for anaemia, digestive disorders and reproductive health.
- highly beneficial for autoimmune disorders such as chronic fatigue syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, asthma, colitis, and IBS.
- wonderful for keeping the heart strong and healthy
- a powerful weight-loss agent
- an excellent food for disease prevention, especially lung, skin and stomach illnesses.
- very helpful in helping to regrow hair and improve the quality of hair, skin, and nails.
Fresh apricots are always best; wild or organic varieties do not have any preservatives such as sulphur dioxide. If fresh apricots are not available, dried varieties are a great alternative. A handful of dried organic apricots each day provide a healthy snack that helps keep you energised and focused throughout the day.
Dried Fruit Compote with Green Tea and Lemon
Ingredients to make 8 servings
- 3 x green tea bags
- 3 x 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon natural cane sugar or equivalent substitute to taste. (Remember fruit is naturally sweet)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 cups mixed dried fruit, such as apples, apricots, pears, figs and/or raisins
- Steep tea bags in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and stir in sugar and lemon zest.
- Cut any large pieces of fruit into halves or quarters.
- Place the fruit and tea in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the fruit is plump and tender and the liquid is syrupy. 1 ½to 2 ½ hours on high or 3 ½ to 4 hours on low.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Thanks for reading our blog. If you have enjoyed it, please leave us your thoughts in the comments below