Lapis Lazuli is one of the most sought after stones in use since man’s history began. Its deep, celestial blue remains the symbol of royalty and honour, gods and power, spirit and vision. It is a universal symbol of wisdom and truth.
In ancient times Lapis Lazuli was most highly regarded because of its beautiful colour and the valuable ultramarine dye derived from it. It is obtained from Egypt, which has the oldest mines in the world, worked from around 4000 B.C. and still in use today. Ancient Egyptians believed the soul existed in the mind and was housed in the brain and Lapis blue was a mental healer and soul purifier, It was used in burial ornaments of Egyptian kings and queens and used extensively in scarabs, pendants and other jewellery. It was also ground into powder for dyes, eye shadow and medicinal elixirs.
Lapis works with the throat, larynx, and vocal chords.
- regulates the endocrine and thyroid glands
- beneficial to problems with ear and nasal passages
- enhances circulation
- improves cardiac rhythm
- reduces vertigo
- lowers blood pressure
- helps to alleviate insomnia.
Lapis is a stone of friendship and brings harmony in relationships, enhancing calm and loving communication. It is excellent for stimulating wisdom and good judgement in the practical world.
- activates the higher mind
- aids the process of learning
- enhances intellectual ability and memory
- stimulates the desire for knowledge, truth and understanding
- encourages deep communication and honesty in both the spoken and written word
- allows suppressed emotions and memories to surface
- helps to diminish repressed anger releasing the underlying cause of illness
- encourages self-expression and the qualities of honesty and compassion
- provides an awareness of one’s motivations and beliefs
- gives a clearer perspective of our opportunities for growth and to utilise our gifts and abilities.
Colour The energy of Lapis Lazuli’s dark blue colour is perfect for enhancing respect and compassion within ourselves. Dark blue crystals teach us humanity, discretion, and honour. They help us act more charitably and focus our efforts on service to others by generating within us grace, sensitivity to the needs of others and tenderness in our approach.
Meditation with Lapis Lazuli Lapis Lazuli is a visionary stone, bringing information in images rather than words. It can be a catalyst for higher awareness and often aids recovery of memories of past lives from ancient civilisations to help regain lost knowledge and inspire evolution in the current incarnation.
Lapis Lazuli has a very strong, full on energy and is best used by adults or in the home rather than directly with young children as their frequencies are more subtle. Stick to Rose Quartz and Blue Lace Agate