Linked to the ancient health practice of Ayurveda, Abhyanga Hot Oil Massage is a beautifully relaxing and blissfully comforting full-body warm oil treatment. The practitioner uses specially formulated warmed oils, perfectly matched to your constitution or Dosha, that penetrate deeply through the skin into the tissue and muscles. The combination eases tension from the mind and body, boosts the immune system and encourages the release of toxins from deep within the tissue and the GI tract so that it can be efficiently eliminated.
This form of massage is so much more than a pamper treatment as it supports positive health and wellness in a nourishing way.
What does Hot Oil Massage address?
This treatment –
- increases circulation, especially to nerve endings
- tones the muscles and soothes skin conditions
- relaxes and calms the nervous system allowing natural alignment in the body for optimum health
- boosts the immune system
- the specific Hot Oil chosen to match your constitution, nourishes the tissue at a deep level encouraging the mind to slow down and rest allowing energy levels restore
- gives the whole body a sense of ease, especially the joints, particularly in damp and cold conditions
- soothes and grounds the air element in the body, leading to a sense of self nourishment
- increases clarity and focus and improves memory
- improves elimination of impurities from the body
- Increases levels of stamina through the day
- Improves sleep patterns, alleviates insomnia, anxiety and chronic headaches
What will I experience?
During the session, Liesl will take time to identify your Dosha and then, on a comfortable massage couch warm, herbal oils will be poured over your skin. With rhythmic circular strokes, the entire body is massaged from head to foot. This drives the oil through the layers of skin to dislodge toxins, stimulate circulation, balance the nervous system and promote deep relaxation.
Practitioner: Liesl Horne